Wednesday 23 April 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#15)


Waiting on Wednesday is about sharing a book every week you cannot wait to be published. This week, I'm waiting on

Snow Like Ashes 
(Snow Like Ashes, #1)
by Sarah Raasch


Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance

Pages: 432

Expected Publication: October 14, 2014

Publisher: Balzer + Bray

Description from Goodreads:

A heartbroken girl. A fierce warrior. A hero in the making.

Sixteen years ago the Kingdom of Winter was conquered and its citizens enslaved, leaving them without magic or a monarch. Now, the Winterians’ only hope for freedom is the eight survivors who managed to escape, and who have been waiting for the opportunity to steal back Winter’s magic and rebuild the kingdom ever since.

Orphaned as an infant during Winter’s defeat, Meira has lived her whole life as a refugee, raised by the Winterians’ general, Sir. Training to be a warrior—and desperately in love with her best friend, and future king, Mather — she would do anything to help her kingdom rise to power again.

So when scouts discover the location of the ancient locket that can restore Winter’s magic, Meira decides to go after it herself. Finally, she’s scaling towers, fighting enemy soldiers, and serving her kingdom just as she’s always dreamed she would. But the mission doesn’t go as planned, and Meira soon finds herself thrust into a world of evil magic and dangerous politics – and ultimately comes to realize that her destiny is not, never has been, her own.

I can't believe how many amazing books are coming out this year, and Snow Like Ashes definitely makes to my list of the most anticipated books of 2014!



10 comments:

  1. Great pick! Can't wait to read this one. I bet it's going to be epic!

    my WOW!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, so excited! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. There are SO many this year, and I'm excited for this one too (even if the covers similar to others) but it does sound amazing! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seems to be a trend that high fantasy and retellings are pretty hot at the moment, not that I'm complaining - I'm ecstatic about that! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Snow Like Ashes sounds amazing! Can't wait to read it, I hope it lives up to expectations, great choice!

    My WoW
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, and I'm so excited about it! I wish I had an ARC of it - it would be so great. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. This one sounds so great! and the cover is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pretty cover always is a good thing. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I keep seeing this one round and it just makes me want it more every time! Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! October is just too far away. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!