Saturday 14 March 2015

Stacking the Shelves (#18)



It's Saturday and so it's time for Stacking the Shelves!
Here is my haul from this week:

❄ NetGalley 

 Seed  by Lisa Heathfield

Description from Goodreads

Seed loves you. Seed will never let you go.


Fifteen-year-old Pearl has lived her whole life protected within the small community at Seed, where they worship Nature and idolise their leader, Papa S. When some outsiders arrive, everything changes. Pearl experiences feelings that she never knew existed and begins to realise that there is darkness at the heart of Seed. A darkness from which she must escape, before it's too late.


❄ Edelweiss 

Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman


Description from Goodreads

Caden Bosch is on a ship that's headed for the deepest point on Earth: Challenger Deep, the southern part of the Marianas Trench.

Caden Bosch is a brilliant high school student whose friends are starting to notice his odd behavior.

Caden Bosch is designated the ship's artist in residence, to document the journey with images.

Caden Bosch pretends to join the school track team but spends his days walking for miles, absorbed by the thoughts in his head.

Caden Bosch is split between his allegiance to the captain and the allure of mutiny.

Caden Bosch is torn.

A captivating and powerful novel that lingers long beyond the last page, Challenger Deep is a heartfelt tour de force by one of today's most admired writers for teens. 




Sometimes quality triumphs over quantity! 

9 comments:

  1. Challenge Deep looks very intriguing. I hope you enjoy these books! :-) My Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited about CD - it better be good! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Looking at your haul this week, I told myself 'Look! Other people know what restraint is!!!' Sadly I have none and another big haul awaits this week! Enjoy your books...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I thought I'd better take it slow this week and a couple of to come, because I have so many already that need to be read! :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I have been dying to get my hands on Seed! That book looks so good! Great choices.

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Challenger Deep looks good. I'm pretty intrigued by the cover and synopsis!

    Happy Reading!

    My STS!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul! I can't wait for Challenger Deep. I'm a huge fan of Neal Shusterman's Unwind dystology! :) I hope you have a great week!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really should get more into Netgalley. Because it's so exciting having books before anyone else! Nice haul :)
    Here's my Stacking the Shelves: https://victoriajaynesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/03/14/stacking-the-shelves-4/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seed looks interesting. I hope you enjoy all these. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!