Sunday 24 May 2015

Sunday Post (#15): Weekly Recap



"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead." 
 What I read this week 

 Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut 

❄ Uprooted by Naomi Novik 
❄ A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1)  by Sarah J. Maas

✿ Reviews ✿

❄  The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight #1) by Melissa Grey  4 STARS 
❄ Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson  5 STARS 
❄ Uprooted by Naomi Novik  5 STARS

✿ Memes ✿


❄ Top Ten Tuesday: Recently Published Books I'm desperate to read
❄ Waiting on Wednesday: The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore
❄ Stacking the Shelves 


✿ Around the blogosphere and elsewhere ✿


 Are We Too Harsh on Our Heroines?

❄ Head Vs. Heart - Readin, Rating, Reviewing
❄ The Best of Bookstagram #1 
❄ Whatcha in the Mood For?

✿ What else I've been up to this week ✿


1. Eurovision 2015. Of course I watched this annual burst of over the top performances with rainbows and acceptance! It's always so much fun to watch. And congratulations Sweden for the winning performance!


2. The Loveliest Saturday. I had the loveliest friend-date on Saturday. I don't see this one friend of my so often anymore, because she is working so much, but occasionally we have these friend-dates in which we just wander around the city going to independent jewellery stores, for a froyo, and then sit in the park - just basking in the sun. It was so nice. We just talked about everything and nothing and enjoyed spring.



✿ Have a lovely Sunday! ✿

10 comments:

  1. I have heard so many good things about Uprooted. I think I'll have to read this one. Also dreamland sounds good, neat idea.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uprooted was so good, and I have similar hopes of Dreamland even though it hasn't gotten as good ratings as Uprooted on Goodreads. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so far behind on Sarah J Maas books! I've got to see what all the fuss is about. Hope you have a great week!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me just tell you that they aren't hyped for nothing :) You should check them out and see if you like them! Thanks for stopping Sandy!

      Delete
  3. I had a little look into Eurovision, but didn't watch it all as I am not much into music. Good that you enjoyed it. Happy reading for the week. Have seen the SJ Maas book around many blogs. Obviously popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch Eurovision every year, it's my annual spring event :) Thanks for stopping by Kathryn :)

      Delete
  4. I need to read more of Sarah J. Mass! I've read Throne of Glass but I've yet to be able to pick up the rest of the series or her newest one! I watched a few videos from Eurovision, it seems like a lot of fun. Too bad they don't broadcast it in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you've managed to see a couple of videos of this year's competition though - it's better than nothing :)

      SJM is a really good author, and her writing has only improved since Throne of Glass so if you get the chance to read her other books, please please try them :) They are even better than ToG!

      Delete
  5. A great review of Uprooted, I'm intrigued :)

    Have a great week,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoyed reading Uprooted as well as reviewing it :)

      Delete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!