Tuesday 3 November 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (#30): Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Us Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel



Top Ten Tuesday this week is about 

 Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Us Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel 
(In no particular order)


Debut Authors whose books I've read


 


Lesley Walton (The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender) // Leah Thomas (Because You'll Never Meet Me) // Nicola Yoon (Everything, Everything) // Melissa Grey (The Girl At Midnight) // Lisa Heathfield (Seed)

Needless to say, all these books had an impact on me, one way or another. It might have been the lyrical language (Lesley Walton), the heart-breaking storyline (Leah Thomas), the intriguing fantasy concept (Melissa Grey), the twisted world the characters lived in (Lisa Heathfield), or just the overall ambience of the novel which made me devour the novel (Nicola Yoon). Definitely want to read more from these authors in the future!


Debut Authors whose books I want to read



Sabaa Tahir (An Ember in the Ashes) // Stephanie Oakes (The Sacred Lives of Minnow Bly) // Renee Ahdieh (The Dawn and the Wrath) // Nicole Castroman (Blackhearts) // Emily Henry (The Love That Split the World)

YES, PLEASE. All of these sound so, so amazing and massive amounts of readers have absolutely adored these authors and their debut novels. There's no doubt in my mind whether I'm going to read these or not - it's guaranteed that I will!

10 comments:

  1. I want to read The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly. Cults fascinate me, so I've been looking at reading it for a while now. Obviously Seed sounds good to me too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favourite bloggers/reviewers absolutely loved Minnow Bly and ever since I read that review I've wanted to read the book too :) Seed was really interesting, I recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Tahir and Grey made my list too!

    Check out my TTT and the weekly meme I hosting on my blog Music Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read Tahir's book! Sounds so fascinating :)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love Everything Everything, and I've been meaning to get around to Because You'll Never Meet me! I also adored The Wrath and the Dawn and An Ember in the Ashes, so you should definitely try to get to those! :)
    Here's my ttt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Because You'll Never Meet Me will break your heart, it was such a sad story :( Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Nicola Yoon seems to be a popular pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that as well, and I'm not surprised - her writing is amazing! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Great list. You have a few books on here that I have read and enjoyed myself. I think I am also going to have to add a few of these to my Christmas wishlist, it looks like I have missed out on some great debuts recently. I am especially excited to read An Ember in the Ashes, I have heard so many good things about that one. Here’s my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that some of the titles caught your interest, it's always good to add one, two, or three more to one's Christmas wish list ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!