Wednesday 17 July 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (#1)



Waiting on Wednesday is about sharing a book every week you cannot wait to be published. This week, I'm waiting on


World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2) 
by Susan Ee



Description from Goodreads:

In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world.

When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.

Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.

Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?


--

I simply loved the book 1,  Angelfall. I have no idea what to expect from World After, except it is going to be as phenomenal as the first book, if not more. I have already pre-ordered the book from Amazon, so now the only thing to do is wait - for four months. That's just too long time!

Expected publication: November 19th 2013 

16 comments:

  1. Ooh, I really enjoyed Angelfall so I can't wait for this one! Great pick :) And I agree, 4 months is too long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Angelfall was just mind-blowing, it made me look angel books differently. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Darn It. You still reminded me that I need to read Angelfall. Come visit me as well here:

    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, please read it! I guarantee you won't dislike it. :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read Angelfall yet but I am expecting to love it!! I hope to get to it soon and I too will be waiting for this one. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think only one of my friends who have read it didn't like it (which was quite surprising). I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when you decide to pick it up. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. YES! I can't wait to read this book too! I actually can't wait to see the cover when it finally releases! Great pick:)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm super excited as well to see how the cover turns up to be. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I still need to read Angelfall! It sounds so good!
    I hope you enjoy this one when it comes out :D
    Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend it to all who like dystopian novels. :) I also hope the standard of "World After" is as high as it was with "Angelfall", but I can't really imagine how it could be horrible or boring.. :)

      Delete
  6. I bought Angelfall when it came out and still haven't read it! I've heard nothing but amazing things so I need to get on it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read the first book in this series, but people have been raving about it. Guess I need to give it a try! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't rave for nothing, let me tell you. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I LOVE ANGELFALL!! It's absolutely amazing :) Definitely looking forward to the sequel.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!! I bet the sequel will be grreat. :)

      Delete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!